Sunday, June 3, 2012

Schwinn-Wayfarer

Wow, it's been so long since I've blogged. Our internet was down for about a week. Aside from being able to keep up on my favorite shows like "Revenge", it felt good being disconnected (to a degree). I still had 3G on my Droid, but I couldn't upload photos the same or write an posts etc.


So now that internet is back up and working (Jason's dad accidentally cut our cable cord while working in the garden. Oops!) I can tell share how much fun Weston's been having!


I found an amazing bike on Craigslist. The bike is technically used, but the owner NEVER used it. It's a Schwinn-Wayfarer. The best way to describe it is it's like a beach cruiser, but has 7 speeds and has a luggage rack in the back. I had been nagging at Jason, telling him I needed to get a bike so we can all go on family bike rides. 


The bike was only $85, too good of a deal to pass up. I used birthday money from my dad and bought the bike in full, so THANKS DAD for the bike :) We got a Giro-Rascal helmet for Weston. We've been easing him into the prospect of wearing a helmet by giving him a chance each day to wear it, just for like 30 seconds, ha. 


We went on our first family bike ride around the neighborhood last night, using the 'actual' child bike seat. Before we got the bike seat (which sits behind me: I wanted to get a front riding seat for Weston but Jason and I were concerned with the weight distribution being put 'off' if he was in the front, so we got a rear one) I would take Weston on bike rides up the block in a baby carrier sling on the front of me. It was awesome actually. But with the actual bike seat for him, it's obviously a bit safer (with the helmet and all).





Weston is signing for "help" here. I think it's because he isn't quite used to his helmet yet. But otherwise, he had so much fun!!
Weston's Gma Lois and Papa Jim surprised Weston with a "Lil' Push Bike" when I got home from work, they said... "Meagan, go get your camera and come outside with Weston."


Hmmm... 


Surprise for Weston!! He loved his little bike. It doesn't have foot pedals. I guess it's like a training bike for balance (like a tri-cycle) but no training wheels. Jason and B Dubs had SOOOOO much fun going up and over the mountain of gravel still in our front drive way. I'm so glad we were able to capture it on film.


He is a little mountain biker in the making, just like his daddy!
#1

#2

#3







Happy Weekend to Ya'll!

No comments: