Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Feel Good

I've been a little busy: single mommy-hood, working full time, dating again, trying to do yoga at least once a week (I'd love to get crossFit in there at some point) but I'm doing pretty good so far. 

Last week I hit up Quantum Yoga Health Lounge and did Starlight Yoga. It was so refreshing and interestingly enough, kind of a spiritual experience. There I was, laying down in savasana, eyes closed... when suddenly I open them and BAM! I'm laying under the stars. I had forgotten where I was and to re-awaken to the night sky bright and beautiful above me seriously just overwhelmed me with gratitude. The instructor and owner of Quantum, Scott, reminded us in class, "..but most importantly remember...Remember to just FEEL GOOD." It's like those words pierced me to the core and I couldn't help but feel so relieved and suddenly so happy. 

What's the point if we don't feel good, right? I know we go through struggles, have issues and trying times.. hello, I'm a witness of all things hectic and painful. But on the flip side of that, I have learned so much about myself and who I am and the person I am capable of being, and already am. 

I just have to remember to just freakin' feel good anyways. If you don't feel good, life is kinda a bummer. 

I get caught up in my head, um a lot. I saw this e-cards thing and it said, " if you want to know what a women's brain is like, picture about 2500 tabs open at once." Hell yes. I am trying to plan my future, my career, my home, where to live, what daycare to put Weston in, what about my long distance boyfriend,how do I find time to cook paleo, clean, raise my son, exercise and go to work? I just feel like I don't know how to juggle it all and need a manual at times. 

But really, oh my gosh... just chill the 'ef out! Take it one day at a time ok?!

I am sipping on a glass of wine and that seems to help sometimes, too :D

But the thing I've found the most critical is to:

a] eat clean (like usual) but really, it's MAKE THE TIME in the morning to eat breakfast
b] MAKE the time to exercise

I did Kundalini Yoga Saturday morning, and this class seriously resets my frequency and vibration in the most AMAZING way ever. We do a lot of breathing, meditating and some chanting. It sounds almost a bit cooky, but it has holds so much power and clears my mind.

When I am doing good things for my body, I feel like I can take on the world.

I am committed to doing yoga once a week. Starting last week. Soooo, this means I have to make it to yoga tomorrow night when Dubs goes with his daddy. 

I am very much looking forward to this time and encourage all of you to do something good for your soul and try some yoga!

Ps. it's Spirit Week at work, today was DECADE day and I chose to represent the 70's era:

We've got 90's Grunge on the far Left, 80's divas next, 70's Hippies and free love in the middle, and our only 50's gal era on the right. So fun!


1]Preparing for my leg lift... 

2]Getting my foot in position.. with my 70's partner, Dae :D

3]Almost there! ...but what is Dae doing?

4]Ta-Da!


xo
Megs


4 comments:

Grandma said...

good post good point.

Andrea said...

i love this. and i am a total yoga advocate too!!

herbssolutionsbynature said...

Herbal Supplement for Delayed Ejaculation depends on the underlying cause of the condition. Delecreton Herbal Supplement has also been used to treat erectile dysfunction.

herbssolutionsbynature said...

Herbal Supplement for Peyronie’s Disease used to treat or reduce the symptoms. The goal of Herbal Supplement is to reduce pain and keep you sexually active.