Monday, April 30, 2012

My Birthday Celebration!

It was my 27th birthday yesterday. April 29. 
27 years old!? 
How does that happen... where does the time go?

In honor of my birth, one of my besties drove up from Bellevue with one of Jason's besties, and it just so happens that those two besties of ours are also lovers! 


Jodi and Khalid drove up to see our lovely faces. We went to The Porter House in Mount Vernon and then enjoyed a night of dancing, riding bikes, drinking a bit of Vodka/Soda and going to bed.

Jodi and I "cheesin" for the camera...


DANCING!
the BOYS




xoxo love my husband
Somehow Jodi managed to fit on Weston's tricycle!

Where Jodi and Khalid slept for only part of the night, until they moved onto our comfy couch.
Yep. 
That's how we roll these days.

The following morning (Sunday, my actual birthday) I took Jodi to a work staff meeting. I work for the most amazing company in the world: lululemon athletica.

For our staff meeting, we did yoga at Crescent Moon studio in La Conner, a little city by the water, just next to Burlington/Mt.Vernon. 

photo taken by Tiffany Watkins

photo taken by Tiffany Watkins
 Here's some awesome moves we learned:



Later on my b-day we did a bit of garden/flower shopping, which has become my latest obsession. I love gardening! It's just so therapeutic. Pulling those weeds out and feeling fresh. There's also something to be said about mulling around and playing in the dirt. I swear, it is good for your soul!

Before we headed to the gardens and nursery's, we opened a few gifts at home. Weston helped, of course.


Weston loves it when Khalid lifts him up high enough to touch the ceiling <3 

Waiting for mom to get out of the shower so we can all open gifts!





Weston loves umbrella's!


Plates, bowls and cups to match my new outdoor table and chairs (& umbrella!)

Griz was really scared of the umbrella, and the new Garden Owl Jason got me...




A garden peacock that blows and sways in the wind.
So cool!

I want to start hosting group discussions/meetings at my house...why not? I have the perfect chair set up and open space for it... lol.
This morning, Jason says, "It looks like we should be hosting a Lamaze class or something." ...due to the finely set up red chairs in our livingroom. 
I love it.

It was such a great day and it wasn't too rainy either :)

Jason cooked us steaks and made a delicious broccoli veggie platter and to end our evening, we watched Game of Thrones and I got an amazing back massage afterward.

Fantastical Day.
xoxo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yay for birthdays! Glad you were spoiled. My mom's birthday is that same day!!
I can't get over your long hair. I still see you with super short hair in my head. You are beautiful and Weston is super cute too!