Sunday, March 18, 2012

I cheated on Paleo!

I have been CRAVING PIRATE BOOTY! It HAS to be that time of the month because I feel like a mad woman who needs her FIX and I will stop at nothing until I've been satiated! It's bananas!


Not only have I been craving Weston's snack food, but we ordered gluten free Thai Chicken pizza last night (yum!) and then I chose not to go to TLAC (train like a competitor) this morning. I feel a bit hypocritical at the moment... hah! Since so many people have been turning towards me for exercising tips and Paleo diet advice, that when/if I cheat... I feel like I'm letting them down!


I must say though, that I had a painful flare up in my right knee yesterday, and after hobbling along for the better part of the day... I decided that I would give my body a rest and skip TLAC. I also woke up feeling a bit under the weather this morning. I knew that pushing myself to go to TLAC and training hard would only exacerbate my cold coming on... sometimes we know our bodies best and it's imperative that we listen.


Since feeling like a failure and cheating on my Paleo friends (along with skipping TLAC), I've been kinda gloomy. It's nice to have family and friends (along with a conscious) to keep us in check and to hold ourselves accountable. However, we will make mistakes and there are times when doing the "right" thing is well...not the right thing. Like choosing NOT to go to TLAC this morning was probably the right thing to do for my body, but the wrong thing for my training. My lack of commitment to my trainer and the program was compromised. 


But this morning, when I pulled up the blinds in the living room and saw those 3 gorgeous Cherry Trees blooming delightfully, I couldn't help but smile and be happy. I plopped myself down on the couch, nursed Weston and just gazed out the window. It was simply serineSometimes the simple things in life are so easy to overlook and take for granted.


Appreciate today, and look forward to tomorrow...it's another day to prove to ourselves and to others what we are truly capable of. 


Spring is finally on the horizon... our cherry trees out front are blooming and we're in the beginning stages of re-designing our landscape. I love (most all) things domestic! It can be so overwhelming, but doing little sections at a time make it bearable.


Weston figured out how to climb up onto the window-seal... he fell and hit his chin, and pushed one of his little baby teeth forward. We moved the chairs into the office.

Nothing like Spring with a little touch of SNOW!


I picked a few blossoms off of our Cherry Tree in the front yard. They are my favorite!






Just love his blue eyes & long lashes. He's always looking out the window: watching people, cars, dogs walk by...



Grizzle found a new place to perch...



2 comments:

April said...

I'm glad that I read this today because it reminded me that what I am feeling now is probably due to my period. During the 30 day challenge the week before I started my period I had the worst cravings and that explains why I feel the way I do now.
I have realized that I am not a big bread, pasta, white potato, rice eater. The things I crave are sweets. If there is a cupcake or gummy bears in front of me that is what I am tempted with not the chips...it is good to know these things about ourselves. I need to stay strong!
A

Andrea said...

I am so jealous that you have cherry trees!!! Those blossoms are beautiful and fresh picked cherries are my favorite thing on earth!
I know how you feel about people asking advice and then having a weak day. I always feel like I am being watched at the grocery store by other people and if I grab a carton of ice cream people are going to freak out. We are all human! I am totally up for a splurge once in a while!